WELLBEING IN YOUR LIFE
FIRST LINE OF TITLE
SECOND LINE OF TITLE
Getting the best out of each member of your team ensures the overall efficiency of any organisation. You are only as strong as your weakest link. Strong personalities, unhappy cultures and poor communication can mean that staff teams become a problem. It doesn't have to stay like this - change can happen. People can be supported to work as a team and work for a common goal
Stress is not all bad - it can really help motivate and inspire us, help us be creative and meet deadlines. If stress becomes a permanent feature, before long we begin to creak under the weight of it. Some people can tolerate more than others, but we all have our "tipping point". We may then become unwell physically or mentally. Our bodies are messaging to us the distress it is feeling - and we need to listen.
I found the Life Coaching sessions with Anne-Marie so helpful, the warm welcome put me at ease from the start. I found that Anne-Marie was adaptable to my style of learning so that I was able to understand the areas we were looking at.
It was so interesting to look at the areas in my life that I was finding a challenge, once these were identified it was amazing how quickly I became more confident in these areas.
I feel like I turned a huge corner in my life after spending time in Life Coaching with Anne-Marie.
Jenni - Wife, Mother of 3
Mental Health in the Workplace
- At any one time one worker in six will be experiencing depression, anxiety or issues relating to stress.
- The total number of cases of work related stress, depression or anxiety in 2014/15 was 440,000
- In 2013, mental ill health cost the UK economy £70 billion
- The total cost to employers of mental health issues among their staff is estimated at nearly £26 billion each year. That is equivalent to £1,035 for every employee in the UK workforce
- 15.2 million days of sickness absence across the UK in 2013 were caused by stress, anxiety or depression
- The total cost of sickness absence due to mental ill health to employers is estimated at nearly £8.4 billion each year. That is equivalent to £335 for every employee in the UK workforce
- 76% of line managers believe they are responsible for employee wellbeing, but only 22% have received training
For sources see MHFA England
Mental Health First Aid Training is a full 2 day training course and each participant receives a comprehensive manual for future reference and a certificate.