On this 2-day comprehensive course, you will gain:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors affecting it,
- Practical skills to sport the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in and reassure a person in distress
- Non-judgemental listening skills and why they are so imporatnt.
- Knowledge of how to guide someone to appropriate sources and other sources of support
- Information about wellbeing and self care
- An understanding that recovery from mental ill health is likely and possible
You will receive a very comprehensive manual for your future referrence as well as a workbook and a certificate showing that you are a Mental Health First Aider. The aim is to train 1 in 10 of the population in these VITAL skills. Come along and join the growing community.